Located on the tropical Malabar Coast of the southwestern part of India, Kerala is one of the most sought after tourist destinations in the country. Lovingly called the God’s Own Country, the state is best known for its beauty that comprises of lush green landscapes, beautiful backwaters, hill stations, plantations, lovely lakes, wondrous waterfalls, and breathtaking beaches. It is very famous among tourists from all around the world for its ecotourism initiatives and beautiful backwaters. Unique culture & traditions, houseboats, nature resorts, historical monuments and religious buildings such as temples, mosques and churches are added attractions on Kerala tours in India. The National Geographic Traveler has named Kerala as one of the ten paradises on the earth.
There are several interesting places to see in the beautiful state of Kerala that will never fail to seize your heart. Whether you are a culture vulture or a nature enthusiast, you will never get disappointed on your upcoming tour in Kerala, the God’s Own Country. In fact, the state offers something for every traveler coming from the different parts of the globe. If you are looking for the right place to see in Kerala then you can consider to visit the following best places.
- Kochi : Kochi, formerly called Cochin, is one of the most famous places to visit in Kerala. It is often described as the economical capital of the state. When you will visit Kochi, you will find here a tranquil mix of medieval Portugal, Holland and a small English Village. There are a number of tourist attractions in Kochi, lovingly known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea. Key attractions of the city include Backwaters, Marine Drive, Fort Kochi, Hill Palace, Mattancherry Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica Church, Bolghatty Palace, Willingdon Island, Kerala History Museum, St. Francis Church, Pallipuram Fort, Parikshit Thampuran Museum, Bastion Bunglow, Kanjiramattom Mosque, and Chinese Fishing Nets. In fact, you will have numerous options to keep yourself engaged in Kochi. The charm of Kochi will never fail to impress you.
- Munnar : Munnar is a very popular tourist destination and hill station in the state of Kerala. It is situated in the Idukki district of Kerala. It is lovingly called the “Kashmir of South India” because it boasts bountiful natural beauty. It is also a popular honeymoon destination in Kerala. If you are looking for a popular destination for honeymoon tour in Kerala then Munnar can be the best choice for you and your lovely partner. Mattupetty Dam, Mattupetty Dairy Farm, Kundala Lake, Top Station, Echo Point, Rajamalai, Eravikulam National Park, Tea Museum, Lush Green Tea Estates, Marayoor Sandalwood Forests, Attukad Waterfalls, Blossom Park, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, and Lakkom Water Falls are popular holiday attractions in and around Munnar hill station. Your Munnar tour will be a wonderful experience to cherish for life time, for sure.
- Kumarakom : You know well that Kerala is world famous for its breathtakingly beautiful backwaters. Houseboat cruise over the water of backwaters would be an amazing experience. If you are looking for a popular destination for backwater tourism in the state of Kerala then Kumarakom would be the first choice for you. Set in the backdrop of the Vembanad Lake (the largest lake of Kerala), Kumarakom is internationally famous for backwater tourism and houseboat cruises. From Kumarakom, you can enjoy exciting backwater cruise to Alleppey through houseboat. Alleppey is another popular destinations in the state of Kerala for backwater tourism and houseboat cruises. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is a must visit in Kumarakom, Kerala.
- Thekkady (Periyar) :Thekkady is the site for Periyar National Park & Wildlife Sanctuary. It is a popular destination in the state of Kerala, and best known for backwaters, wildlife viewing, spice plantations, elephant rides. Periyar National Park is the major attraction here. Nearby places to Thekkady are Alleppey and Kumarakom. Here you can enjoy exciting wildlife viewing through a cruise over the Periyar Lake that runs within the Periyar National Park. Places of interest include Kurisumala, Murikkady, Pullumedu, and Mangala Devi Temple. If you are a nature and wildlife enthusiast then Thekkady tour in Kerala will never disappoint you.
- Kovalam: Located near Trivandrum (the capital city of Kerala), Kovalam is an internationally famous beach resort in the state. It is famous for beautiful beaches, bountiful nature and rivers. Varakala Beach and Trivandrum city are nearby places to Kovalam Beach Resort. Places of interest include Lighthouse Beach, Hawah Beach, Samundra Beach, German Bakery, Karamana River, Edakallu, Halcycon Castle, Vizhinjam Village, and several Ayurvedic Therapy Center and Resorts. If you are planning for a beach vacation in Kerala then you can consider Kovalam as your next holiday destination. You will find completely relaxed and rejuvenated experience after vacation in Kovalam, Kerala.
The bottom line
There are several other popular places in the state of Kerala you can visit. Varkala, Alleppey, Trivandrum, Wayanad, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Kannur, Kollam, and Kottyam are some other places to visit in Kerala. In fact, every city and town of the state will offer you something special to cherish. So, plan your Kerala tour and have the experience of lifetime.